Frequently Asked Questions
- How much baggage can I check-in on Mihin Lanka flights?
- How many hand luggage (unchecked baggage) can I bring on board Mihin Lanka flights?
- What is Mihin Lanka's procedure for delayed flights?
- What is Mihin Lanka's policy if a flight is cancelled?
- What should I do if my baggage has been lost during my flight with Mihin Lanka? Am I entitled to compensation?
- Am I entitled for a refund if I cancel my flight?
- Does Mihin Lanka provide any food or drinks on board?
- Can I bring and consume my own food/alcohol on board?
- Is smoking permitted on board?
- What should I do if I need special assistance?
- What is Mihin Lanka's policy regarding unaccompanied young passengers?
- What are regulations for expectant mothers traveling on Mihin Lanka?
Each passenger (excluding infants) is allowed 20 kg (30 kg when travel originates ex UAE and is destined for Sri Lanka & India.25 kg when travel originates ex Sri Lanka and is destined for India & the UAE. 30 kg when travel originates ex India and destined to Sri Lanka. 25 kg when travel originates ex India and is destined for the UAE ) of checked-in baggage. Checked baggage in excess of applicable free baggage allowance is subject to an excess baggage charge.
Infants - 10 kg of free baggage allowance as check-in baggage or 07kg of carry on baggage is allowedBack to Top
Each passenger (excluding infants) is allowed to carry one small piece of hand luggage, which must not exceed 7 kg. If your hand luggage exceeds the stated limits, it will have to be checked in. In the event that your total checked-in baggage exceeds the free allowance, an excess baggage charge will be incurred Back to Top
- buy a seat online at mihinlanka.com
- Call Mihin Lanka's Call Centre
Within Sri Lanka : 011 200 2255
Outside Sri Lanka: (+94) 112 002 255
- Go to any Mihin Lanka's sales offices to purchase over the counter
- Or, you can book a seat at any of our Selected Travel AgentsBack to Top
- a) Online Booking via the internet
- By MasterCards and Visa *
- b) By MasterCards or Visa* for flights booked through Mihin Lanka Call Centre
- c) For seats purchased at Mihin Lanka sales offices, we accept
- MasterCards and Visa*
- d) For seats purchased through one of Mihin Lanka’s preferred travel agents Kindly refer to the individual agent for details
- e) Call Centre Bookings
- You could pay at the closest BOC branch (open Mon-Fri 0900 am – 0300 pm/ Sat 0900 am – 1200 noon) and advice the Call Centre
If you are not the cardholder please contact our nearest Ticket office for assistanceBack to Top
If you wish to change the date and time of your flight, you must inform us of your requirement at least 4 hours before the scheduled departure of your flight. Changes to your booking will incur a fee of USD 15 (or local currency equivalent) per passenger per sector. The passenger will have to pay the difference in fare if the applicable basic fare is greater than the current basic fare.
However, if the applicable basic fare is less than the current basic fare, the difference in amount will not be refunded. This can only be done at the location of ticket purchase, i.e. if you have made the booking through a travel agent, you can only get your booking changed through that particular travel agent.
However our call centre and sales offices would still be able to help you to make changes to your booking, irrespective of the purchase.
Change of route is not permitted in any case.Back to Top
Mihin Lanka check-in counters open 3 hours prior to scheduled flight departures. Kindly proceed to the check-in counters assigned to Mihin Lanka.Check-in counters close 45 minutes before the scheduled departure. Should you arrive after the counter is closed, you will not be accepted for travelBack to Top
The check-in procedure is the same as with a conventional paper ticket. Simply bring your Itinerary Receipt and your valid passport and visa (as applicable) to the check-in counterBack to Top
Mihin Lanka operates a “free seating” policy on board our aircraft and therefore seat reservation is not possible. We advise all passengers to be at boarding gate early prior to commencement of boarding.Back to Top
Delays and Cancellation of Flights
In the event of a delayed flight we make every effort to contact passengers in advance to inform them of the rescheduled departure. Passengers are requested to provide their local telephone contact in order to advise those regarding delays Back to Top
Mihin Lanka has 3 options available to passengers in the event that a flight is cancelled
- Passengers can be transferred to the next available Mihin Lanka flight without any additional charges
- The fare value of the flight can be retained as Credit with Mihin Lanka for future travel within 6 months
- Fare is refundableBack to Top
Lost Baggage and Refunds
In the event of loss or damage to baggage the airline’s responsibility is limited USD 20 (or local currency equivalent) per kilo for checked-in baggage, provided, loss of baggage has been reported to the airline, prior to leaving the customs area and if not traced within 14 days. Back to Top
- Once the booking is paid for no refund will be made.
- However a passenger should decides to cancel a flight at least 4 hrs prior to the schedule departure time, Mihin Lanka will retain the fare paid less a cancellation fee of USD 25 (or equivalent) per sector/ per passenger as credit towards a future flight to be used by the passenger within 6 months from date of payment.
- Failure to adhere to 4hrs deadline when changes / cancellations are made will be considered as Noshow.
Mihin Lanka will provide refreshments depending on the duration of flight. Back to Top
Passengers are not allowed to consume their own food/alcohol. However they may purchase Alcoholic/Nonalcoholic Beverages on board at reasonable Price.Back to Top
Smoking is not permitted on any Mihin Lanka flight. Back to Top
Travellers with Special Needs
Should you require any special services while you travel with Mihin Lanka please contact our Sales offices and inform our staff of your requirements and they will do their best to accommodate your needs. Back to Top
Young Passengers below 12 years of age will be accepted for travel upon an applicable fare and service fee. Please contact Mihin Lanka Ticket office/Call Centres for more information. Back to Top
Expectant mothers may travel up to and including the 27th week of their pregnancy, and will be accepted between 28 to 35 weeks if they are in possession of a Doctor’s certificate confirming the stage of their pregnancy and stating that they are fit to travel. Passenger will be required to sign a form of Indemnity.
Expectant mothers above their 36 weeks will not be accepted for travelBack to Top