To be the most preferred affordable airline in the region.
Growing sustainably and profitably as a market leader with a highly motivated workforce, understanding and serving the needs of the customer, ensuring the highest levels of reliability with a relentless pursuit for improvement.
About Mihin Lanka:
Mihin Lanka has come a long way since its inception in 2007, and has evolved into a trusted and reputed airline brand that is renowned for truly understanding and caring for its passengers. With an ever-growing network, Mihin Lanka provides passengers with added convenience by operating direct flights to key destinations across the Indian sub-continent, Asia and the Middle East. The airline has also played a crucial role in enhancing regional connectivity, whilst simultaneously supporting tourism and trade across the region. Mihin Lanka also recently signed a code share agreement with SriLankan Airlines, to further strengthen its network.
Servicing passengers who travel for business, leisure and religious purposes, Mihin Lanka extends its trademark Sri Lankan warmth and hospitality across all aspects of its operation. Staying true to the airline’s promise of being ‘Yours to Fly’, the Mihin Lanka ticketing and reservations team, ground staff and cabin crew always go the extra mile to ensure that you enjoy a personalized service and a comfortable journey.
· Fleet: With a fleet comprising A320, A321 and A319 Airbus aircraft, Mihin Lanka is now fully geared to operate short and medium haul flights to a variety of popular destinations.
· Network: Mihin Lanka’s destination network includes Dhaka in Bangladesh, Jakarta and Medan in Indonesia as well as Madurai, Kolkata, Gaya and Varanasi in India. The airline also flies to Sharjah and Bahrain in the Middle East, as well as Lahore in Pakistan and the Seychelles.
· The experience on board: Mihin Lanka’s well-trained cabin crew members serve delicious complimentary meals on board that offer passengers a taste of traditional Sri Lankan cuisine and contemporary western favourites. Passengers also have the option of enjoying a variety of beverages including a range of liquors and quality wines which can be purchased at a nominal fee on board. The in-flight entertainment system is offered via individual iPads for an extra fee and enables passengers to access a range of movies, music and games across multiple genres. Passengers can also make use of the Duty Free service on board, to purchase a range of cosmetics, perfumes, jewellery and gift items at a reduced price.
· Additional benefits: Mihin Lanka provides passengers with a 30 kg baggage allowance as well as 7 kg worth of hand luggage. The airline also offers special kids’ meals at a minimal fee and free age appropriate gifts for young travellers. The Mihin Lanka cabin crew also takes extra care to attend to children who are travelling as unaccompanied minors.
· Business Class: Mihin Lanka recently introduced its new Business Class service, which provides passengers with 40 kg baggage allowance as well as 7 kg worth of hand luggage and added comfort and luxury. Designed to meet the needs of today’s corporate traveller, the new cabin offers a variety of features including comfortable seats with a generous recline, an adjustable headrest, leg rest and a seat pitch of 45 inches, along with a variety of delicious meals and access to the in-flight entertainment system. Business Class passengers can also make use of dedicated check-in counters and lounge facilities, and can benefit from priority boarding and baggage delivery.
Commitment to excellence:
Mihin Lanka is committed to ensuring the highest standards of safety in aviation, and has taken immense measures to ensure that all pilots and crew members are trained according to standards set by the Civil Aviation Authority of Sri Lanka. Qualified engineers maintain and manage the safety standards of all aircraft in the Mihin Lanka fleet, in accordance with the highest level of compliance. The airline also plays an important role in supporting the training of pilots both locally and regionally, and recently began training its fifth intake of Trainee First Officers.
Despite being in operation for only seven years, Mihin Lanka has received significant global recognition. In 2011 Mihin Lanka received the Budget Airline of the Year award at the Bangladesh Monitor Awards. Thereafter in 2015, Mihin Lanka was ranked by Skytrax as the third best low-cost airline in Central Asia and India. The Skytrax Awards programme established in 1999, surveys 18.9 million airline passengers in 110 countries and bases its rankings on product quality and staff service standards.
Chairman and Board of Directors:
Mr. Ajith Nissanka Dias – Chairman
Captain. Suren Ratwatte – Chief Executive Officer
Mr. Rakhita Jayawardena – Director
LT. Colonel Sunil Peiris – Director
Mr. Joseph. M. S. Brito – Director
Mr. Mahinda Haradasa – Director
Mr. Senarath Kapukotuwa – Director
Mrs. Dharshana Senanayake – Director
Find out more about us