1.We will be closing acceptance of proposals, by 03 p.m. on 16th September 2008 and will open the proposals, received at the same time. You or any authorized representative, is permitted to be present at the opening ceremony of the said proposals.
2.You are also advised to forward copies of following documents relating to aircraft allocated by you, together with your proposals.
• Certificate of Aircraft
• Certificate of Airworthiness
• Lease Agreement- with Mihin Lanka
• Insurance Certificate
• Noise Certificate – At the time of aircraft registry by CAA
• Aircraft Weighing Form – Issued Once every five years
• TCAS Certificate of Airworthiness
• List of Navigational Equipment installed
• Aircraft Operational details such as MTOW & Navigational equipment etc
REQUEST FOR PROPOSALS (RFP)
Mihin Lanka (Pvt) Ltd, (hereinafter referred to as ML) a fully owned company by the “ Government of the Democratic Socialist Republic of Sri Lanka” (hereinafter referred to as GOSL), invites proposals to acquire aircraft to its fleet, during the period of October, November 2008 on the following basis and in accordance with the specifications followed by.
(a) BASIS OF ACQUISITION OF AIRCRAFT
1. On “ Wet Lease” for a term of 3 months, with ML having the option to
extend the term.
2. On “ Wet Lease” for 3 months, with ML having the option to extend the
term and or to convert the “Wet Lease” into “Dry Lease” for a
term of 12 to 24 months or beyond.
3. On “Dry Lease” for a term of 12 to 24 months or beyond
4. On “ Lease to Purchase” basis, where the lease term would vary from 5 to 10 years
Whilst ML will have the right to impose further detailed specifications during the evaluation and/or negotiation process, the key specifications are stated below, for the purpose of inviting the initial proposals.
1. The aircraft should be “ passenger aircraft”, either Airbus 320 type (A320)
or Boeing 737-800 (B737-800) type.
2. All aircraft should be ideally, with ETOPS capability.
However, aircraft without ETOPS capability too, may be considered,
subject to the operating economics and schedules of ML to be finalized.
3. The age of the aircraft for ”Dry Lease” category, should not exceed
10 ( ten ) years, by the 1 st October 2008 .
4. The age of the aircraft for ”Lease to Purchase” category, should not exceed
5 (five) years, by the 1 st October 2008
5. Number of aircraft to be provided by each provider, will be a minimum of one
and a maximum of three.
The aircraft providers’ ability to provide technical crew and key engineering personnel, when aircraft are acquired on “Dry Lease” and “Lease to Purchase” basis, would be an advantage.
Forwarding Address of the Proposals and the Forwarding Procedure:
The completed proposals for the above, by the respective vendors should be forwarded by “Courier” or by “Registered Post”, to reach the following address not later than the 16 th September 2008.
The Chairman – Cabinet Appointed Procurement Committee,
C/o Ministry of Ports and Aviation,
No. 19, Chaitya Road,
The following code should be written on the top left hand corner of the envelope, using block capital letters.: