REQUEST FOR PROPOSALS (RFP)
Mihin Lanka (Pvt) Ltd, (hereinafter referred to as ML) a fully owned company by the “Government of the Democratic Socialist Republic of Sri Lanka” (hereinafter referred to as GOSL), invites proposals to acquire aircraft to its fleet, during the period of March - April 2009, on the following basis and in accordance with the specifications followed by.
(a) BASIS OF ACQUISITION OF AIRCRAFT
1. 1. On “Dry Lease” for a term of 12 to 24 months or beyond
2. On “ Lease to Purchase” basis, where the ‘Lease to Purchase’ term would vary from 5 to 10 years
Whilst ML will have the right to impose further detailed specifications during the evaluation and/or negotiation process, the key specifications are stated below, for the purpose of inviting the initial proposals.
1. The aircraft should be “passenger aircraft”, either Airbus 320 type (A320) or Boeing 737-800 (B737-800) type.
2. All aircraft should be ideally, with ETOPS capability. However, aircraft without ETOPS capability too, may be considered, subject to the operating economics and schedules of ML to be finalized.
3. The age of the aircraft for”Dry Lease” category, should not exceed 10 (ten) years, by the 1st April 2009.
4. The age of the aircraft for ”Lease to Purchase” category, should not exceed 5 ( five) years, by the 1st April 2009.
5. Number of aircraft to be provided by each provider, will be a minimum of one and a maximum of three.
The proposals should include the charges/rates and all other applicable expenses, as well as the technical, ownership-related and other data of aircraft ( and its important constituent components ) being offered
Preference of Acquirer:
The aircraft providers’ ability to provide technical crew and key engineering personnel, when aircraft are acquired on “Dry Lease” and/ or “Lease to Purchase” basis, would be an advantage.
Forwarding Address of the Proposals and the Forwarding Procedure:
The completed proposals for the above, by the respective vendors should be forwarded by “Courier” or by “Registered Post”, to reach the following address not later than 15.00 hrs (Sri Lankan Time) on the 05th December 2008.
The Chairman – Cabinet Appointed Procurement Committee,
C/o Ministry of Ports and Aviation,
No. 19, Chaitya Road,
The following code should be written on the top left hand corner of the envelope, using block capital letters.